Here at SERVPRO of Van Nuys North we believe in offering our customers a personal approach focused on effective solutions, communication and transparency in our objectives. In an emergency situation, we want you to feel confident knowing that we will take care of the details, allowing you to focus on your business. As a licensed, bonded and insured company, each and every one of our restoration technicians are fully certified and prepared to meet the challenges of your commercial restoration project with quality workmanship.
Commercial Services SERVPRO of Van Nuys North Offers
Water Extraction & Equipment Rental
Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration
Odor Neutralization & Removal
Mold Removal & Remediation
Emergency Structural Stabilization & Board-Up
Interior & Exterior Demolition
Professional Floor & Upholstery Cleaning.
Just to name a few...
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit the Van Nuys area we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
In this picture a tree has been uprooted and came down crashing on this home. This already caused a lot of damage to the home from the outside but more importantly is what it does to the inside of the home. SERVPRO was there to help with the tree removal and tarp of the roof to keep any debris from coming into the home. SERVPRO also went into the home and did all the necessary clean up and debris removal to keep this family safe and keep the home clean and livable.
Commercial properties in Van Nuys North!
Flooding and water damage events at commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Van Nuys North
SERVPRO of Van Nuys North specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
When the fire blows out your windows.
This apartment building had one rough night! Due to an electrical shortage that caused a big fire to start in this one unit there was a ton of damage as you can see all the black soot and smoke on the outside of the building. This is a big job for the crew here at SERVPRO of Van Nuys North. There are steps they have to follow to restore this unit and the ones affected around it.
It's important that you don't re-enter your home, or any surrounding structure, that's been affected by the fire until permitted by local building officials or the fire department. Not only can fires erupt again, but there's almost always hidden damage that could render the home unsafe. Open doors carefully, and don't force them open if they're jammed because you run the risk of further structural damage or collapse. Any remaining soot, debris, and dirty water could make you sick too, so use extra precaution when going back into your home, especially if you touch damaged items.
Mold is dangerous, yet something that can be taken care of instantly. Coming across mold at a property isn't fun, but if you do the right thing fast there should be nothing to worry about. SERVPRO of Van Nuys North has trained mold remediation technicians that are ready to tackle down anything.
Spotting mold can be frustrating and can be confusing at times, but here is a basic list of what mold is and should SERVPRO of Van Nuys North help you with any current and future mold issues.
- Mold can be found anywhere, as long as there is moisture mold has the chance to grow.
- Mold can grow on drywall, wood studs, carpets, food, paper, and even on insulation. Mold is reproduced through spores and when mold spores land on wet areas in the house that is when it starts to grow. That spore digests whatever damp item it lands on and it grows in order for it to survive. Once that mold fungus is in contact with moisture bacteria is created and then mold starts to grow within days.
- When extra moisture accumulates in an area or specifically on a material, mold will start to form and grow. If there is constant moisture in an area, hence the bathroom and the kitchen always make sure that after your steamy hot shower you wipe everything down. Wipe your walls and mirror in the bathroom with a dry towel to prevent from constant moisture being left on the materials in the bathroom after a shower. When washing dishes or using excess water in the Kitchen make sure everything is wiped down dry to avoid mold spores to be created and have mold grow.
- Mold spores are not visible to the naked eye, you will not be able to spot them until they you see them in the form of mold. Be extra cautious to the rooms and materials being in contact with moisture on a daily basis.
- Prior to mold being visible to the naked eye, you may be smelling a musty or earthy smell. When this occurs immediately contact SERVPRO of Van Nuys North, and we will have our mold crew come out and inspect your property for these first signs of mold. Do not ignore signs like smell, you can be able to prevent the mold from growing more.
- Mold can appear on the outside of the walls as a stain or discoloration and come in a fuzzy form, when you spot these signs of mold SERVPRO of Van Nuys North will remove the growing mold spores and return the area back to the normal levels where there is no mold spores near.
- Everyone is aware that all molds, weather green or black, have the potential to cause health effects.
- When the mold remediation technicians of SERVPRO of Van Nuys North are eliminating the mold growth it is done under a properly built containment where it is sealed and does not have access to spread mold spores into other unaffected areas. After SERVPRO of Van Nuys North are complete with the mold remediation, an Industrial Hygienist will schedule to confirm that mold is no longer present. They will be taking a count of spore to confirm to us SERVPRO of Van Nuys North and the homeowners that mold is no longer present.
- Mold growth can be controlled indoors by controlling the moisture by wiping down dry to not let dampness sit on materials.
- The reason behind mold remediation is to remove the mold that is present at the property so we can prevent human contact and damage to the building materials.
If you suspect mold at your property, feel free to call SERVPRO of Van Nuys North at (818) 365-3736 and get connected to one of our highly trained mold remediation technicians.
Storms in Van Nuys North
One way or another we experience storms. Rather it be snow, rain, wind, etc, it is going to happen. When it does happen we need to be prepared. The following list is what is recommended at a minimum to be ready in the event of a storm.
- Flash Light (it is possible for the power to go out during a storm)
- Extra Batteries (flashlights never work when needed, having extra batteries can save you from the dark)
- First Aid Kit (make sure nothing is outdated in the kit so it is possible to use the items if needed)
- Cellphone (Now a days everyone has a cellphone, it is necessary to have one in case the house phone does not connection)
- Canned Food (might not have food to cook, it is important to have up to date canned foods just in case for emergency purposes)
- Manual Can Opener (do not just rely on an electrical can opener because the electricity can go out during a storm)
- Bottled Water (water is the most important thing to have around the house)
- Blanket (it is possible for the heaters at your property to stop working, make sure you have blankets around to keep you warm)
- Battery Powered Weather Radio (using a radio can help you stay connected to what is happening during a storm in case your T.V does not work and you cannot connect to the weather channel)
Being prepared will help keep panic at a minimum especially in a family that has children involved. Not only will these items benefit you but it will help benefit your loved ones around as well. These items should be kept in a safe place with easy access in case of a storm emergency. Every month or so check the battery life and replace if needed. Make sure that the canned food and bottles of water are up to date and if need replacements to do it immediately during a storm season. Also remember to go over the items in the kit with your family so they are aware of everything put into the kit.
Water Damage response team
SERVPRO of Van Nuys North is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
It is really important that you address any water damage issues you are having quickly and thoroughly. Sometimes we think we can handle the situation ourselves but in most cases we need to reach out to restoration companies such as SERVPRO of Van Nuys North so that they can come and asses the situation. Restoration companies have the proper equipment, tools and trained staff to take care of the problems at hand and discover hidden problems that are not visible to the eye.
So just remember to have SERVPRO of Van Nuys North on speed dial for all your water, fire and mold needs. They are a very well trained staff and are ready to help you feel "Like it never even happened".
Let our business take care of your business
Water damages are so easy to occur. It is not necessarily needed for a flood or storm to take place to get a water damage, it can happen with so many other things. Your business can have a malfunction with the sprinkler system, toilet backup, broken pipes and plumbing problems and sewer lines can all be causes for a water damage to occur at your business. Fire damages can take place as well and all these damages are common. Do not be afraid and do not freak out because SERVPRO of Van Nuys North is trained to take care of all these different types of situations for you. Let our business take care of your business because that is what we are here for. Always remember to call SERVPRO of Van Nuys North at 818-365-3736 for your next water/fire damage at your business. We will make it "Like it never even happened."
When disaster strikes your business
SERVPRO of Van Nuys North is ready for any disaster that strikes. Your business is as important to us like it is to you. Our number one goal as a restoration company is to you get your business back to its original setting and act like the water/fire damage "Like it never even happened.” We are here to restore your business and restore the lives of your customers as well. Water, fire, mold, soot/ash, toilet overflow, whatever you can think of, SERVPRO of Van Nuys North will make it "Like it never even happened.” We do not just have that as our motto, we live up to and will work side by side with you to restore anything that happened to your business, and that is a promise. Call us at 818-365-3736 if anything takes place at your business, our crews can take down anything that comes their ways.
Wild fires are no problem for SERVPRO
Summer is almost around the corner and in Southern California it gets extremely hot and wild fires strike instantly. With wild fires comes soot/ash damage to your house. SERVPRO of Van Nuys North has crews that are professionally trained to take care of your soot/ash damage. Having soot all over your home or when you turn your A/C on can be a complete headache, but if you call us at 818-365-3736, we can take that headache away from you instantly. We are well prepared for what the summer holds for us because we are familiar with the wild fires that take place every year. Always remember to call us if help is needed with any fire damage to your home. We will be more than happy to assist you with that.