Commercial Building Water Damage
Severe floods, cold spells or internal plumbing failures can cause water damage that brings your business to a standstill. The impact is immediate on employees as well as the bottom line. There are preventive measures that mitigate the impact of these emergencies and commercial restoration services to assist with the proper response.
In the office environment, there are some things you can do to minimize the risk of damage due to water leaks.
- It is beneficial to educate your office managers on water damage preparedness
- This means that your managers should know how to turn off the water, electric, and gas supply
- They should know who to call in order to have these items completed.
- Keep basic tools in the office in the event of an emergency
- Create and maintain a list of emergency contact phone numbers for all employees
- Maintain contact information for your local fire and police numbers for medical emergencies
Rapid response is critical to water damage in the office. The longer you wait before the area is restored mold can develop creating the need for commercial mold removal services.